/ health

What is Subluxation?

And why should I care?

A subluxation is when one or more of the bones of your spine move out of position and create pressure on or irritate the spinal nerves. Spinal nerves are the nerves that come out from between each of the vertebra in your spine. This pressure, or irritation on the nerves interferes with the signals that travel through the nerves to their target tissue.

How does this affect me?

Your nervous system controls and coordinates all of the functions of your body. If there is an interference with the signals that travel through nerves, parts of your body will not get the proper messages and will not be able to function at 100% of their innate abilities. Only 6% of the nerves in your body feel pain, so the other 94% could be interfered with and you wouldn’t necessarily know it.

In other words, some parts of your body may not be functioning properly.

There are many ways that you can get a subluxation.

You can get subluxations from several kinds of physical forces, such as traumas, automobile accidents, falls, carrying heavy bags / backpacks / purses, sleeping incorrectly or incorrectly working out. Babies commonly get subluxation during the birthing process from the doctor pulling on their head. Children also get subluxations. The average child falls three thousand times by the age of three. You can get subluxations from toxins such as pollution, cigarette smoke, processed foods, alcohol, and allergies to name a few. The average American is exposed to thousands of chemicals each day. Emotional stress can also contribute to subluxations and irritate the nervous system.

Subluxations affect everyone.

Most patients report instant relief after being adjusted. I want you to achieve better health so you can live life to the fullest!

Let me help you. Make an appointment.

Click here to make an appointment!

Yours in Health,

Dr. Glen Wilkinson DC

What is Subluxation?
Share this

Subscribe to VIP Chiropractic Care